Excessive belly fat makes us more prone to diabetes, heart disease and many forms of cancer.
Here are 11 reasons why we don't lose our belly fat:
- We are getting older - As we age our resting metabolic rate drops.
- We are doing the wrong workouts - It is very important to do a balance of cardio and moderate weight training for effective weight loss.
- We are eating too many processed foods.
- We are eating the wrong fats - Too many saturated fats lead to belly fat. Unsaturated fats such as olive oil, nuts, salmon and avocados are key.
- Our workouts aren't challenging enough.
- We are doing the wrong exercises - Concentrate on the CORE exercises as a whole instead of just crunches or sit ups.
- We let ourselves get stressed out - Increases in stress levels causes us to eat more.
- We don't get enough sleep - Regular sleep of 7-9 hours is key.
- We are genetically shaped wrong.
- We are sick - Illness keeps our belly fat intact.
- We are unmotivated - Set goals for yourself each and every day.